Thursday, January 20, 2011

I told my mom about Preemie Print's today

This was the last email I sent back to her after showing her the website. She was really excited. I only told her today because she started talking about babies and hearing this story of a former Planned Parenhood Director who is now a pro life advocate. I had listened to the same story about a week ago. I figured that was the Angels way of telling me to go ahead and tell her about what I've been up to. Look at the time I sent this email:

11:10 AM (0 minutes ago)
Thanks mom. God is leading the way maybe we are going to do this together, which would be awesome. Before going to friends/family and opening those doors I guess what I'm trying to do is establish credibility by actually working, meeting with people, taking pictures and accumulating stories. March of Dimes and Hand to Hold were two big exciting stories. Both well established charities who love the idea. I want it to be up and running before I spread the word to everyone I know via facebook/email etc. I think in the past that is where I've started so since I feel like this may be a long term endeavor I want to go about it differently. However, if you have any specific contacts that we know ie... Monica...by all means spread the word. I would absolutely love to get into TX children's and Ronald McDonald's both of those would be places that always had families that could benefit. With Ronald McDonald if we could get a meeting with her (Kathy) I think that's all it would take. I could always put together another page devoted specifically to that sector if need be. I just want to focus on preemies and then add others in and if that means expanding the website I will for sure to that. You know I'd venture to say a lot NOT ALL of the children with childhood illnesses were probably preemies anyway. Honestly, once we get into helping those kinds of places and lots of people the fundraising and this foundation would probably be a huge success. Maybe next year we could put on a big fundraiser or something who knows. Only God. Anyway I'd say spread the word to anyone in particular you think can help get the ball rolling, any pregnancy places around Richmond as well, churches, etc. but other than that we can keep it on the "down low" until we are up and running :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment